The Eddie Eagle GunSafe Program teaches children in pre-K through third grade, four important steps to take if they find a gun. These steps are presented by the program’s mascot, Eddie Eagle, in an easy to remember format.
Begun in 1988, the Eddie Eagle Gunsafe Program has reached more than 20 million children—in all 50 states. This program was developed through the combined efforts of such qualified professionals as clinical psychologist, reading specialists, teachers, curriculum specialist, urban housing safety officials, and law enforcement personnel.
- Minnesota Safe & Sober – A program dedicated to reduce the number and severity of traffic crashes in Minnesota and education
- Mobilizations (Enforcement Waves) – Including but not limited to:
- Operation Night CAP (Night Time Concentrated Alcohol Patrols)
- May Mobilization (Seat Belt Enforcement)
- 7 Days of Speed (Speed Reduction)
- Public Service Announcements
- Media Events
- Public Speaking/Demonstrations
What 3 things can you do to prevent serious injury or death?
- Buckle up
- Drive at Safe Speeds
- Don’t Drink and Drive
- Seatbelts increase survival rate and injury reduction in crashes •
- Odds of dying in a crash increase by 50% if ejected •Reminder: Airbags are meant to work WITH seatbelts not INSTEAD! •
- The fine for a seat belt citation in Crow Wing County is $102
When approaching and before passing an emergency vehicle that is parked or stopped on a street or highway having two or more lanes in the same direction, the driver of a vehicle SHALL safely move over to a lane AWAY from the emergency vehicle. See MN Statute 169.18 Subd. 11 [/learn_more]
The bike patrol is a tool to use in the prevention and investigation of crimes in the community, and a new approach to patrolling the city. The ultimate objective of the program is for the Police Department to build a stronger rapport with the community by being more visible and approachable than an officer in a vehicle. Some areas were bicycles are utilized is, patrol of the Baxter bike trail system, patrol of Baxter parks, patrol of business and residential areas, to assist with community functions/parades, and community bicycle education.