Quick links to download applications and forms for permits, land use, utility service, etc.

**Shore land projects may require additional conditions, call the planning dept. for more info. One full size and one PDF set of plans are required for submittal .

All Contractors doing work in the City of Baxter must register prior to starting the work.  Please contact us at 218-454-5109 to confirm your contractor is registered prior to pulling a permit.

Basement Finishing
Commercial Projects
Contractor Registration
Detached Garage or Accessory Building
Fire Alarm and Suppression
New House and Attached Garage
Rental Housing Inspection
Septic (Subsurface Sewage Treatment System)
Sign Permit
Site Improvement Agreement

Land Use Application Documents

Planning And Zoning Fee Schedule (35 KB)

2019 Land Use Deadlines (0.1 MB)

Land Use Application Forms

Architectural Review
Comprehensive Plan Amendment
Conditional Use Permit
Final Plat
Interim Use Permit
Minor Subdivision
Preliminary Plat
Shoreland Alteration
Site Improvement Agreement
Sketch Plan Review
Temporary Sign Application
Vacation (Street/Easements)
Zoning Permit (Fences and Sheds)
Zoning/Subdivision Ordinance Amendment

To apply for a hardship deferral of a special assessment, please review the attached application and supplemental information form for eligibility requirements.  If eligible, please complete the first page of the “Hardship Deferral Application” and the “Hardship Deferral Supplemental Info Form” and return with the required documentation and fee by August 31 of the year preceding the assessment payment proposed to be deferred.  Assessment payments are deferred with interest and an application must be completed each year by August 31 to certify the applicant’s continued eligibility for the deferral program.

Utility Rates and Bill Calculations

How Utility Bills Are Calculated (70 KB)

Forms to Sign Up for Auto Pay Program

Use the following forms to sign up for the utility bill auto pay service.

Utility Bill Auto Pay Application (0.3 MB)

Forms to Start/Stop Billing

Use the following forms if you are transferring service to/from you or your business. This does not initiate the water service to be turned off at the curb stop by the City of Baxter.

Application for Utility Service – Residential
Application for Utility Service – Commercial
Termination of Utility Service – Residential
Termination of Utility Service – Commercial

Forms to Turn Water On/Off at Street

Use the following forms if you would like to have the water service physically turned off at the curb stop by the City of Baxter. If you are also transferring service to/from you or your business, please fill out the applicable form above as well.

Water Turn Off / On – Winter/Vacant