Release of personal property
Personal property will be released by appointment only. An appointment can be made by contacting the Baxter Police Department during normal business hours, M-F, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Please call (218) 454-5090, for an appointment.
Contact the Baxter Police Department, (218) 454-5090; or Crow Wing County, (218) 829-4749.
To report an emergency accident with injuries
To obtain a copy of an accident/Police report
Copies of accident/police reports can be obtained from the Baxter Police Department during normal business hours, M-F, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Please call (218) 454-5090, with any questions.
Payable Citation/Method of Payment
To find out if your citation is payable without a court appearance, how much to pay, or to pay your fine, chose one of the following methods:
- Online: Using MasterCard or Visa, access mncourts.gov/fines. Have your citation number available.
- By Phone: Using MasterCard or Visa, call 651-281-3219 in the metro or 1-800-657-3611 outside of the metro area. Have your citation number available.
- By Mail: Check or Money Order payable to Court Administration. Sent to: Minnesota Court Payment Center, PO Box 898, Willmar, MN 56201. Include a copy of your citation or indicate the citation number on the check or money order.
You have the right to appear in court. You must call the above numbers to either determine the fine amount or schedule a court appearance date. You must pay the amount owed or schedule an appearance within 30 days from the date the citation was issued.
If a Court Appearance is Required
Certain charge(s) require you to appear in court. To verify if the charge(s) you have received require a court appearance, please call 651-281-3219 in the metro or 1-800-657-3611 outside of the metro area and refer to the front of your citation. If you must appear in court a Notice to Appear indicating a court date will be mailed to the address on the citation. If this address is not correct, you must immediately notify the court at the number noted above of your current address. If you have questions regarding the charge(s) call the number noted above.
Penalties for Failure to Appear or Respond
Failure to appear or respond as required may result in the following:
- The Department of Public Safety and/or the Department of Natural Resources may be notified of your failure to appear and/or conviction, depending on the charge(s). These agencies may suspend you driver’s license or DNR licenses for failing to appear.
- A warrant may be issued for your arrest.
- Late penalties may be assessed.
For Petty Misdemeanors, and Misdemeanors Certified as Petty Misdemeanors, failure to appear or respond as required is considered a waiver of the right to trial, and a guilty plea and conviction will be entered on the charge(s), unless the failure to appear is due to circumstances beyond your control.
If this is a Juvenile Court Offense
The court will mail further information and instructions to you.