Welcome to the elections and voter information page for the City of Baxter.
2016 Primary Election
The State Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, August 9, 2016. Polls will open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m.
2016 General Election
The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016. Polls will open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
Where Do I Go To Vote?
Visit the Secretary of State’s Polling Place Finder to find your polling place. A map of the City’s precincts and polling places is available here.
Qualifications for Voting
You may register and vote in Minnesota on the next Election Day if you:
• will be at least 18-years-old on Election Day
• are a citizen of the United States
• will have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
• have any felony conviction record discharged, expired, or completed
• are not under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
• have not been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law
If you are not registered to vote, you may go to the Crow Wing County Auditor’s office for a registration card or stop in at Baxter City Hall to get one.
Campaign Finance Reports
Under Minnesota Statute 211A.02, candidates, committees, and corporations that receive and/or spend more than $750 in a calendar year must file a campaign finance report. If a person does not receive or spend $750 or more, no report is required.
Per Minnesota Statute 211A.02, Subd. 6, campaign finance reports for local candidates will be made available on this website for four years after they have been filed with the City Clerk’s office.
Information on campaign finance reports is public and will be posted as they are received.